THESE ARE ALWAYS A HOLIDAY HIT!
Decorate with bowls of cinnamon sugared nuts at any upcoming gathering...
or create home made gift jars for parties and holiday treats!
It's quick. It's easy.. And it's DELICIOUS!
3 cups of organic raw, unsalted nuts of choice
(cashew, walnut, peanut, pecan, almond, macadamia, chopped brazil)
1 cup organic coconut sugar
2 Tbsp grass fed unsalted butter
2 Tbsp organic, unrefined coconut oil
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
1.5 tbsp vanilla extract or the insides of 1 vanilla bean
1 tsp ground organic cinnamon
1 tsp Frontier pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp sprinkle of nutmeg
3 tbsp of water
pinch of cayenne (optional)
Combine all dry ingredients in glass bowl and mix well.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil, butter and vanilla until melted.
- Add nut mixture and water, stirring constantly, coating all sides.
- Heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until all sugar is melted and nuts are covered.
- Transfer immediately onto a sheet of parchment paper and separate the nuts right away.
- Once cooled, place in a bowl or decorative jar and eat!
Buon Appetito Tutti!