Della Cucina di Laura~
Organic, raw cacao can improve memory, increase happiness, reduce heart disease, shed fat, build immunity, and create more energy.
Called the "Drink of the gods" by the Incas, raw cacao contains nearly four times the antioxidant content of regular processed dark chocolate, 20 times more than blueberries, and 119 times more than bananas!
One ounce a day of at least 72% of quality organic dark chocolate is healthy for our brain, our body and our emotions! Superfood your desserts and superfood your LIFE!
DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- 6 large organic, non-GMO eggs, refrigerated
- 12 ounces of Green & Black 72% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 sticks of Kerry Gold grass-fed, unsalted butter, cut into 16 pieces
- 2 tbsp of extra butter for greasing the pie pan
- 1 1/4 cups Foods Alive Coconut Sugar (Trust me, all sugar is not alike. This adds decadent flavor!) http://www.foodsalive.com/Coconut-Sugar-Crystals-Organic-14-oz-p/0065.htm use coupon code lauragram20 for 20% off entire first order!
- 1 cup Foods Alive Raw Cacoa Powder, sifted http://www.foodsalive.com/Cacao-Powder-Dominican-Organic-8-oz-p/0056.htm
- Lightly dust with raw cacao powder, fresh whipped cream (or coconut cream) and berries or top with Grammatico Ganache! :)
- Ganache ingredients:
- 4 ounces Green & Black 72% organic dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 tbsp organic cream, coconut cream or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp 100% Pure Vanilla Extract
Directions for Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 10 inch glass pie plate with 2 tbsp melted butter.
- Melt the dark chocolate pieces and 2 sticks of butter in a double boiler or saucepan, medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Transfer chocolate butter mixture to a large bowl.
- Add coconut sugar and whisk.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending thoroughly into mixture before adding another.
- Add raw cocao powder in quarter cup increments, mixing each well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, lower-middle rack (ovens may vary) or 5 minutes longer if you desire a firmer cake.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes
- Lightly dust with raw cacao powder, whipped cream & berries or Ganache.
Directions for Ganache:
- Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour glaze over cake, using a spatula to spread over top and sides.
- Serve warm, room temperature or cooled.
Buon Appetito Tutti!!