Della Cucina di Laura~
And I have been making pesto for decades.
What makes this recipe different??
High quality, nutty, buttery FLAX OIL instead of Olive oil, and deliciously toasted pine nuts!
Flaxseed Oil, also known as Linseed oil, has a tremendous source of healing compounds.
It's rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs), and is used to lower cholesterol, prevent/treat heart disease, relieve inflammatory conditions, balance hormone-related problems, (including infertility), control diverticular disorders, and treat acne/eczema/psoriasis and rosacea.
When used in the world famous Budwig Anti-Cancer Protocol, flaxseed oil and organic cottage cheese have a remarkable 90% success rate in reversing and preventing disease!
I include the highest quality Flax Oil in my diet regularly.
Foods Alive is my personal favorite choice!
Learn about the care they take in all products and try them for yourself.
(Use this special coupon code, lauragram20, and receive 20% off your entire first order, thanks to the beautifully generous owner, Michael Moor.)
THE BEST BASIL FLAX PESTO~
2 cups of fresh basil leaves, packed tight
1/2 cup of Foods Alive flax oil (I like more but you decide)
1/2 cup of freshly grated imported Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1/3 cup pine nuts
3-4 organic garlic cloves, finely chopped
The fresh-squeezed juice of one small lemon or lime
Celtic sea salt, freshly ground pepper and/or red pepper flakes to taste
(and a dash or two of hot sauce if you're a spicy ragazza like me :)
1. Heat a dry frying pan on the stove until a few drops of water sizzle (med to med-high heat)
2. Add pine nuts and a bit of sea salt and cover, checking every few minutes and flipping until golden brown on both sides (approx 5-7 minutes)
3. Remove toasted pine nuts from pan and let cool
4. In a food processor, place basil leaves and pine nuts, pulsate several times
5. Add garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes and parmigiano, pulsate more.
6. Add flax oil in a stream, slowly while pulsating and voila!
7. Toss roasted vegetables in it, top it over chicken/beef/fish/potatoes/squash or simply use as a dip for crudite!
8. Once you've tasted this pesto you'll want to double, perhaps triple, the recipe and keep it on hand to add to just about everything!
Keep in a glass jar refrigerated, as flax oil is delicate in nature and must stay cool.
BUON APPETITO TUTTI!!