Dalla Cucina di Laura~
- 4 lbs of Bone-in, Grass fed, English cut Beef Short Ribs
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Organic Carrots, chopped (optional)
- 1 (6 oz.) can of Organic Tomato Paste
- 4-5 Fresh Roma Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 cups Barolo Red Wine
- 2 cups Organic Beef Broth, low sodium
- 1/4-1/2 Freshly Chopped Basil Leaves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Celina Naturally Celitc Sea Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Imported Italian Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Grass-fed butter, like Unsalted Kerry Gold
- Favorite Hot Sauce, Organic Cayenne or Red Pepperoncini (crushed dried red peppers or pepper flakes)
- Fresh, Imported Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pat dry and season ribs with salt, pepper and cayenne.
In a large Dutch oven pot, heat 2 tbsp oil and 2 tsp butter over medium-high heat.
Brown the ribs on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
Remove and set aside.
Add chopped onion and garlic, stirring frequently until cooked.
Add tomatoes, wine, mustard, bay leaves, red pepper flakes and paste.
Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
Add half of fresh chopped basil.
Bring ribs back to the pan.
Add beef broth, cover, and place in the oven for 2 1/2 hours until fork-tender.
Add favorite hot sauce. (optional)
Remove the ribs from the pot.
Place remaining cooking liquid in a food processor until smooth if desired or
keep as is for a more rustic sauce.
Place ribs back in sauce and keep warm on low heat.
Serve over organic white corn polenta, mashed sweet potatoes, roasted tri-colored carrots, grilled asparagus or sauteed broccoli rabe!
Top with fresh basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
BUON CIBO- BUON VINO- BUONI AMICI!
Good Food, Good Wine & Good Friends!
BUON APPETITO TUTTI~