Dalla Cucina di Laura~
QUINOA, (pronounced keen-wa) is a powerfully nutritious seed, not a grain!
It can replace rice, pasta, even most flours, which I will be sharing with you in time.
This dish is fantastic for the crisp Fall season approaching.
1 medium onion finely diced
2 organic carrots diced medium
2 tbsp grass-fed, organic butter
1 cup organic tri-colored quinoa
4 cups organic chicken broth (preferably homemade)
8-10 oz of organic, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 inch chunks)
The fresh juice and zest of one orange
1 tsp of paprika, ginger, sea salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon, allspice, coriander, saffron threads (crumbled) and turmeric
1/2 tsp of white pepper
1/2 cup chopped parsley
if you like spicy- add cayenne pepper or your favorite hot sauce
if you like sweet-add a small handful of golden raisins in with carrots and saute
1. Heat butter in pan, add onions and bit of salt, saute until soft.
2. Add carrots, quinoa, broth, spices and bring to a boil.
3. Add chicken chunks raw or sauteed, orange zest and juice, bring to boil again.
4. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer until quinoa is cooked al dente.
5. Remove from stove, add parsley and serve.
Vegetarians may substitute beans for chicken, or add more veggies.
Paleo plans may substitute roasted lamb or dark meat chicken & add butter.
Buon Appetito Tutti!